The Waterloo Volleyball Club has been waiting patiently to start the 2020-2021 season after the sudden end of last year’s season.
Tryouts normally start in September and are held across multiple days to help coaches select their teams.
This year, we asked athletes to pre-register for tryouts so we can comply with the government mandated health policies. The coach for each age division will contact registered athletes and provide information on when to arrive at the venue.
For those that registered for Tryouts, we are holding our tryouts this weekend – Sunday October 4 at RIM Park.
Coaches will have contacted the registered players and provided information about the tryout format. Last day to register for tryouts is Friday October 2nd.
Please remember, in order to follow current OVA Covid-19 Protocols, the following procedures will occur:
- You must arrive 10 minutes before your tryout, and the group must enter together.
- No Parents are allowed in the gym at the moment. If there is a special circumstance we can allow 1 parent per athlete, but there is a max of 50 people per two courts. (More athletes means less parents. Please respect the limitation.)
- Players are to bring their own water, food, and a bag to take any garbage they create with them.
- It is the coaches responsibility to sign in the players for their registration.
- Athletes must register to be allowed in the gym on Sunday.
- Coaches must wear masks at all times
- Players are encouraged to wear masks while participating in low effort drills.
- Balls must be disinfected at minimum at the hour mark.
- Washrooms are not open to the public at the moment.
- Players bags must be dispersed (hopefully) 2m apart along the wall to allow them space when resting.
Wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided by the club.
|Time||Court 1||Court 2||Court 3||Court 4|
|4:20-6:10||14U Girls||13U Girls||16U Girls||17U Boys|
|6:40-8:30||15U Girls||15U Boys||17U/18U Girls||18U Boys|
Location: RIM Park, Waterloo – Gymnasium participants are to enter and exit through Door E.
Be Safe and Have Fun.
Waterloo Volleyball Club